Congratulations to Marcus Victory of 4th Ruislip Scout Group on receiving The Silver Acorn Award.
Marcus was presented with the Silver Acorn Award by Richard Williams, County Commissioner at 12th Ruislip, Annual General Meeting.
The Silver Acorn, worn on an orange ribbon around the neck, is awarded for specially distinguished service while holding adult roles for a period of not less than twenty years.
Marcus started volunteering with the 4th Ruislip Scout Group, when his son became a Cub with the Group many years ago.
Although he has many other interests outside of Scouting, he is involved with his local church and choir, he acts as safety boat handler for water activities, he has always found time for Scouting and continues to give up his time freely to assist the smooth running of the Group:
- He serves on the Group Executive, acting as Chairman and Treasurer
- Takes on responsibility for maintenance of the headquarters building and improving its facilities
- Liaises with trades people requiring access during the day (gas / electricity / telephone / fire extinguishers etc) and seeking quotes for any work required to be done by external contractors
- Acts as Home Contact for all sections when required
- Has run successful quiz nights and other fund-raising events for the Group
His practical skills and his methodical approach, being always willing to assist any section with activities when asked, are a real asset to the Group and he is the sort of person every Group would wish to have – a real gem!